Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Project

So it turns out archiving and organizing has been the project of the summer. I am making enormous gains, going through several boxes per day. It's as if I've moved 3 times since I've had three different spaces in the house as various offices studios, etc. Books are getting shelved. Piles of paper are reduced to usable files in a file system. Some stuff is going out, but it's mainly getting organized. I've got philatelic literature, postage, stamps, mail art, artistamps, covers, some collections and a few exhibits. There's odd archival material I don't know how to file yet. I have my own projects I've worked on, collaborative projects, show announcements. and other peoples work. I have mail art supplies (collage material), job-related items and research materials. Lots to file and organize.