Thursday, September 12, 2013

As summer turns inevitably to fall, classes have started and the pool is now closed. I have been swimming thirteen times. We have had some really hot days in Chicago, but too few to sustain my goal of twenty swims in the outdoor pool nearby. Also for my health, I have been taking my prescribed dosage of FUN and I have a doctor's appointment in October. Key to that fun has been attending Chicago Fire soccer #CF97 games. 

I am following not only Major League Soccer #MLS but the professional leagues and national teams of Ukraine, Mexico and Germany as well. Following international soccer can be exhausting, but I spread out my interests among these leagues in a manner similar to an investor: diversification is key. My teams win and lose as seasons and tournaments begin and end. Chicago Fire have a chance to slide into the playoffs. USA men's National Team (USMNT) clinched a World Cup berth (over Mexico) in CONCACAF. Ukraine and Germany are both doing well in their respective groups in Europe.

I've been updating my social media. Twitter and Facebook follow me everywhere I go with my handy mobile device. I am still much more productive with a full keyboard. Having five internet connected devices at home, I'm never too far from an update.