Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving On

This summer has been unexpected in so many ways. First there was academicus interruptus, in which I realized I would continue working on my thesis project all summer long, to the exclusion of nearly everything else. Then there was the project itself (Avatars) which took a few turns - all for the better in planning and execution. I swam a lot to keep me balanced, it it turned out to be quite the summery thing to do. Out of town guests and my Avatars show kept me busy in July. Looking forward to fall, I have multiple feathers in my cap, so taking a much needed break at the right time was heaven sent (Claudia and I spent a week in Wisconsin in early August). But the dog days of summer are not nearly over yet although I watched my first Bears game last night as a harbinger of the season to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment