Monday, May 24, 2010

Mail Nothing to the Tate Modern


I participated in David Horvitz' Mail Nothing to the Tate Modern, which was Rhizome.org's entry in No Soul for Sale: A Festival of Independents. This somewhat unique mail art show, in which everyone could participate, had an optional web-based tracking component. In solidarity with artists who can't afford or do not have access to such services, I chose to send my entry with only regular postage. It did arrive on time, and in my humble opinion, my Tiffany Lamp-laden front was one of the more interesting pieces. While the list of tracked letters and packages got added to a list on the web, my entry was simply received and displayed at the Tate Modern in London. Interesting concept. I am glad that more artists are moving in the direction of linking global postal services with new media art (I feel less alone now). [main link to David Horvitz's site] [link to Rhizome's coverage]

No comments:

Post a Comment